About the Farm
Red Hall Farm Holiday Cottages are set among 200 acres of farmland, including woodland.
Red Hall Farm is an award winning dairy and mixed arable steading. The milk from the farm`s herd of Holstein fresian cows is transported to the local Creamery in Aspatria where it is made into the award winning Lake District Cheese, which is sold both locally and nationally.
The farm and holiday cottages are owned and managed by Martin and Joanne Baird and their two children. Records show that the Baird family have farmed from at least as far back as 1792 when Thomas and Christina Baird farmed in Ayrshire. This means that Martin is at the least a Sixth generation farmer.
As well as managing an intensive dairy unit, Martin is passionate about Conservation and Wildlife and has won numerous awards for his work in this area:
- NFU Farming Excellence - 2004 English Nature Farming for Wildlife Award National Runner Up
- NFU Farming Excellence - 2004 English Nature Farming for Wildlife Award Regional Winner
- Purdey Awards for Game and Conservation Special Award
- FWAG Silver Lapwing Awards - Highly Commended
- Featured in the 'Birds and Wildlife in Cumbria' National History Book - annually from 2003 - 2010 (published by Cumbria Naturalists Union)
- The Grey Partridge Award - 2012